2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
The vendor for the international insurance policy is Consolidated Health Plan.
- International students are enrolled automatically in this insurance plan and premiums are added to the student's tuition fees.
- If you are covered under another health insurance, either an individual or family plan, you may waive this insurance coverage: https://consolidatedhealthplan.com/group/510/waiver/1.
- An online waiver form, which is located on the insurance vendor's website, must be completed.
The cost of the plans are:
Fall semester: $
Spring semester: $
Summer semester: $
All J1 faculty members requesting coverage should complete the enrollment form online and submit it online to Student Assurance Services.
Any F1 student or J1 faculty member who would like to enroll their dependent(s) must complete a separate online enrollment form. This form is also located at https://consolidatedhealthplan.com/group/510/enrollment/1.
For questions related to 2016-2017 insurance benefits and claims, contact Consolidated Health Plans (CHP) customer service at (800) 633-7867 or fax (413) 733-4612. Students can print or view a detailed brochure on the CHP website. You must click on "Is my school currently participating", then search for and select your school name.
CHP also offers additional services such as travel assistance, a nurse line and online services which can all be accessed on their website.
Should you have further questions about premium fees or other issues, please contact:
- Student Health Services at email@example.com
- The Office of International Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not plan to attend UL Lafayette in the summer and have attended the previous spring semester, you may go to the vendor's website and purchase the summer insurance in order to prevent a lapse in your coverage.