Student Health Services Health News- Fall 2010
Protect Yourself And Your Community!
The flu pandemic of 2009 may seem like long ago, but we can learn several lessons from the flu season of 2009:
- The most effective way to protect yourself and others around you is to get your annual flu vaccine.
- Protection against the 2009 H1N1 flu will be included in the 2010-2011 seasonal flu vaccine that will be available through Student Health Services. Available dates to be announced.
- Additional ways to prevent the spread of the flu include washing your hands frequently and staying home when you are ill.
- Symptoms of the flu usually come on suddenly and can include fever, chills, body aches, headache, fatigue, dry cough, and runny nose. Occasionally, a person can also experience nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- If you think you may have the flu, stay home and call your healthcare provider to obtain home care instructions and/or determine if you need evaluation.